- 4 cups Pacific Foods Organic Vegetable Broth
- 1 1/2 lbs. fresh asparagus chopped into 1/4-inch slices
- 5 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh peas
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tsp. fresh ginger minced
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- juice juice of 1 medium lemon
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil or olive oil/butter will work
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. coconut cream optional
- In a large pot, simmer garlic, ginger, onions and asparagus on medium heat for 5 mins. (Carefully remove a few asparagus tops, for garnishing the soup)
- Add spinach and Organic Vegetable Broth, simmer for 10-15 mins until all the vegetables are just soft enough to blend.
- Remove from heat, add lemon juice and puree using an immersion blender (or you can use a regular blender or food processor).
- Top with asparagus tops, fresh peas, coconut cream, and salt and pepper to taste.