- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 1/2 cups short grain brown rice
- 4 cups Pacific Foods Organic Free Range Chicken Broth
- 2 cups Pacific Foods Organic Creamy Tomato Soup
- 6 large portobello mushrooms stems removed
- 8 oz. goat cheese
- 10 basil leaves chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large non-stick pan, melt butter, then add uncooked brown rice and saute the rice for 3 minutes.
- Add Pacific Foods Organic Chicken Broth, and simmer for 35-40 minutes, stirring frequently until rice is cooked al-dente. Add additional broth or water if it evaporates before the rice is ready.
- Add Pacific Foods Organic Creamy Tomato Soup and simmer an additional 10 minutes until the soup has reduced into a thick sauce stirring frequently. Add half of the cheese and half of the basil, stir to incorporate.
- While the soup is reducing, place mushrooms on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes, then blot the mushrooms with a clean towel to remove excess moisture.
- Stuff each mushroom with a large spoonful of rice, add a dollop of cheese, salt and pepper to taste, and then return to oven for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve topped with remaining basil.