- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion chopped (about 1 cup)
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound mild Italian chicken sausage
- 6 cups Pacific Foods Organic Vegetable Broth
- 2 cups Pacific Foods Organic Creamy Tomato Basil Soup
- 1 32 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 1 tsp. ground oregano
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 8 uncooked lasagna noodles broken into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese optional
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese optional
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese to garnish
- 1/4 cup fresh basil to garnish
- Add olive oil to a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and saute until slightly translucent, about 3 minutes. Add in garlic and saute for an additional 5 minutes.
- Stir in sausage and cook until browned. Drain off excess grease as necessary.
- Add vegetable broth, organic creamy tomato basil soup, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, black pepper, and Italian seasoning to pot. Bring mixture to a gentle boil, add lasagna noodles, and stir well. Cook soup for 8-10 minutes, or until noodles are tender.
- Add Parmesan cheese and mozzarella and stir to combine.
- Divide soup into bowls and garnish with a spoonful of ricotta cheese and fresh basil. Enjoy!