Instant Pot® Butternut Squash Risotto
1/4 cup Onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup arborio rice
1/4 cup white wine
1 1/2 cups Pacific Foods Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
1/4 cup vegan parmesan cheese
Salt and Pepper, to taste
Slivered almonds, toasted optional
Fresh oregano optional
- Set Instant Pot® to saute. Add the olive oil, onions, and garlic and sauté until onions become translucent.
- Add the arborio rice and continue sautéing for another minute.
- Add the white wine and deglaze the pot by scraping the bottom with a rubber spatula to remove any bits of onion and garlic that may have stuck to it.
- Add the Pacific Foods Creamy Butternut Squash Soup and the Pacific Foods Low Sodium Vegetable Broth.
- Close the Instant Pot® and cook risotto on Manual (HIGH) pressure for 2 minutes. Turn valve to quick pressure release. Uncover and stir in the vegan parmesan cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately. Drizzle with Saba and top with toasted slivered almonds and fresh oregano if desired.
Alternate Slow Cooker Instructions
- Set the slow cooker to HIGH and add the olive oil, onions, garlic, and cook until the onions become translucent. Add the arborio rice and continue cooking for an additional minute.
- Add the white wine, the Pacific Creamy Butternut Squash Soup, and the Pacific Vegetable Broth. Put the lid on and cook for one hour, or until the rice is al dente (firm to the bite and most the of liquid has been absorbed, stirring every 20 minutes.
- Once the rice is cooked, stir in the parmesan cheese and season to taste with salt and pepper. Drizzle with Saba and top with toasted slivered almonds and fresh oregano if desired.
|*You can sub in a balsamic vinegar glaze|