Thai Noodle Salad with Cashew Carrot Ginger Sauce
Cashew Carrot Ginger Sauce
- 1 1/2 cup Pacific Foods Organic Cashew Carrot Ginger Soup
- 2 tbsp. cashew butter
- 2 tsp. chili garlic sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp. fresh ginger grated
- 1 tsp. garlic grated
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 8 ounces brown rice noodles cooked according to package directions
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 cup English cucumber thinly sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 2 carrots shredded
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup edamame shelled
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- In a medium sized sauce pan stir together the ingredients for the sauce. Bring to a low boil then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for approximately 10-15 minutes or until the sauce has reduced to about 1 cup. Stir occasionally. Once reduced, strain the sauce and cool to room temperature.
- Cook the rice noodles according to package instructions, drain them and rinse under cold water. Add the noodles to a large serving bowl and toss them with the sesame oil.
- Add all of the vegetables in with the noodles and pour in the sauce. Toss everything together. Top the salad with chopped cashews just before serving.
- Note: If you plan to make the salad ahead of time and serve it cold only toss with half of the sauce. Just before serving toss with the remaining sauce. The noodles will soak up a lot of the sauce the longer it sits.