- 2 tbsp. coconut oil or ghee
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 4 gloves garlic diced
- 2 tbsp. fresh ginger
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1/8 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups red lentils
- 1 (14 oz.) can coconut milk
- 2 cups Pacific Foods Organic Vegetable Broth
- 4 large handfuls baby spinach
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 cups cooked quinoa or brown rice to serve
- 1 cup cilantro chopped, to serve
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes to serve
- Add coconut oil or ghee to a large stockpot over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and all spices.
- Saute mixture together until onions and garlic are translucent and spices are fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Add red lentils, coconut milk, and vegetable broth.
- Bring mixture to a simmer and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook dal for 15-20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes, or until mixture has thickened and lentils are tender.
- Stir in spinach until gently wilted. Add sea salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve dal with cooked quinoa or brown rice, a handful of chopped cilantro, and a sprinkle of red chili flakes. Enjoy!