- Add coconut oil or ghee to a large stockpot over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and all spices.
- Saute mixture together until onions and garlic are translucent and spices are fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Add red lentils, coconut milk, and vegetable broth.
- Bring mixture to a simmer and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook dal for 15-20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes, or until mixture has thickened and lentils are tender.
- Stir in spinach until gently wilted. Add sea salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve dal with cooked quinoa or brown rice, a handful of chopped cilantro, and a sprinkle of red chili flakes. Enjoy!