Easy Posole Verde
- 4 med tomatillos, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1-3 each serrano pepper
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp dried Mexican oregano
- 2 tsp cumin
- 4 cups Pacific Foods Organic Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 med Rotisserie chicken, cooked and shredded
- 15.5 oz can hominy, rinsed
- 1 sliced avocado
- 1 sliced radish
- wedges of 1 lime
- shredded iceberg lettuce
- optional tortilla chips
- Peel off the husks from the tomatillos and rinse them thoroughly with warm water until the surface of the fruit is no longer sticky. Place the peeled and rinsed tomatillos, serrano peppers, onion, garlic cloves, cumin, mexican oregano, and cilantro in a blender and purée until smooth.
- Place the tomatillo puree, shredded rotisserie chicken, Pacific Foods Organic Low Sodium Chicken Broth, and rinsed hominy in an Instant Pot® and cook on manual (HIGH) pressure for 5 minutes.
- Turn the valve to release the pressure, remove the lid, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve pozole with fresh limes, shredded iceberg lettuce, sliced radishes, sliced avocado, and either tostadas or tortilla chips.
***To make the pozole in a slow cooker- place the tomatillo puree, shredded
rotisserie chicken, Pacific Chicken Broth, and rinsed hominy in a slow
cooker, cover, and cook on HIGH for 1 to 2 hours, or until the hominy is