Hearty Gluten-Free Chicken Pot Pie
Gluten-Free Pastry Crust
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 2/3 cup butter
- 5 tbsp. ice water
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 russet potato chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 2 ribs celery chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup broccoli chopped
- 4 tbsp. gluten free flour
- 4 cups shredded chicken from a rotisserie chicken
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh sage chopped
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups Pacific Foods Organic Cream of Chicken Condensed Soup
- 2 cups Pacific Foods Organic Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- Combine crust ingredients in a stand up mixer until a thick dough forms. If the pastry is too dry, add in another splash of cold water. Divide crust into two balls. Place each between pieces of wax paper and carefully roll out into two large circles for pie crust.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add olive oil to a large saucepan over medium heat. Add in onion and garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the remainder of vegetables and flour to fully coat.
- Stir in spices, shredded chicken, sea salt and pepper, Organic Vegetable Broth, and Organic Cream of Chicken Condensed soup.
- Let mixture simmer for 10-15 minutes to thicken. If the mixture isn’t thick enough, add in another tablespoon of gluten-free flour. If the mixture is too thick, add in another splash of Vegetable Broth.
- While mixture thickens, press rolled pie pastry into a large pie dish.
- Spoon pot pie mixture into pastry dish.
- Cover pie with remaining pie pastry and add slits to vent steam.
- Beat one egg and gently brush on top of pie pastry crust.
- Bake pot pie for 30-45 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let sit 15 minutes, covered with aluminum foil, before cutting. Enjoy!