- 4 cups chopped cauliflower
- 3 cups carrots chopped
- 1/2+ cup olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 4 cups Pacific Foods Organic Mushroom Broth
- 1 1/3 cups pearled sorghum
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. fresh fennel chopped
- 2/3 cup walnut pieces toasted
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 2 oz. chevre
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Toss the cauliflower and carrots (separately) with 1 tsp olive oil each, and a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Add the turmeric to the cauliflower and mix until well distributed.
- Spread the veggies, again separated, onto two different baking sheets. Bake until fork-tender (20-25 minutes for the cauliflower, 30-35 for the carrots — could be less depending on how small you cut them).
- While the vegetables are cooking, bring the mushroom broth to a boil. Add the sorghum, cover, and let cook at a high simmer for 35 minutes.
- Prepare dressing by combining the remaining ~1/3 cup olive oil, white wine vinegar, lemon juice, and fennel. Blend with an immersion (or normal) blender until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- When the vegetables and the sorghum are done cooking, combine all of the ingredients together in a large salad bowl and toss to combine.
- Serve warm.