- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. fresh grated ginger
- 1 onion very finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced into a paste
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 2 Thai chillis red or green, diced
- 1/2 tsp. tumeric
- 2 tbsp. chana masala seasoning
- 3 oz. tomato paste
- 2 cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups Pacific Foods Organic Vegetable Broth
- cilantro chopped for garnish
- Basmati rice
- In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil, ginger and onions over medium heat. Cook until onion is very browned and reduced, about 15 minutes. Stir in the garlic, salt, pepper, chilis, turmeric and chana masala seasoning. Cook another 2-3 minutes until chilis are soft and mixture is fragrant.
- Pour the mixture into the base of a slow cooker along with the tomato paste, chickpeas and Organic Vegetable Broth. Cook over low heat for 4-6 hours until thickened.
- If you'd like a thinner sauce, thin with more vegetable broth.
- Serve with rice and naan, garnish with cilantro.