Autumn Broccoli Potato Soup
- 6 cups Pacific Foods Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 (medium sized) sweet potatoes diced
- 1 head of broccoli chopped
- 1 small white onion peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 tbsp dried thyme
- 3 tbsp vegan butter plus extra for sauteing
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups Pacific Foods Unsweetened Hemp Original Plant-Based Beverage
- add salt & pepper to taste
- Heat (an extra) 1 tablespoon vegan butter in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft and translucent.
Stir in the garlic and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until fragrant.
- Add in the Organic Low-Sodium Vegetable Broth, wild rice, broccoli, sweet potato, and thyme. Stir to combine.
- Continue cooking until the soup reaches a simmer. Then reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 45 minutes, or until the rice is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, during those final 10 minutes, prepare your cream sauce in a separate saucepan on the stove. Cook the vegan butter over medium-high heat until melted. Whisk
in the flour until combined, and cook for 1 minute. Gradually add in the
Pacific Foods Unsweetened Original Hemp Plant-Based Beverage, and whisk until
combined. Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until the mixture nearly comes
to a simmer and has thickened. (It should be very thick.)
- Add the cream sauce to the soup, and stir gently until combined. Taste and season with salt
and pepper as needed.
- Serve warm. Or transfer to sealed container(s) and refrigerate for up to 4 days. Soup will
thicken with time.