Vegan Cinnamon Rolls with Dairy-Free Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3 tbsp. vegan butter
- 1 cup Pacific Foods Organic Unsweetened Almond Vanilla Plant-Based Beverage
- 1 packet instant yeast
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 3 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 4 tbsp. vegan butter melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. vegan butter melted
- 4 tbsp. vegan butter softened
- 4 oz. dairy-free cream cheese softened
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Prepare the dough. In a saucepan, heat vegan butter and Plant-Based Beverage until warmed and melted, not boiling. Remove from heat and let cool to 110 degrees Fahrenheit, or the temperature of warm water. Too hot of a mixture will kill the yeast.
- Pour mixture into a large mixing bowl and sprinkle with packet of instant yeast. Stir to combine and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Add sugar and salt and stir to combine.
- Slowly add flour to Plant-Based Beverage mixture, half a cup at a time.
- Transfer dough to lightly floured surface and use hands to gently knead dough (being careful not to overmix) into a smooth ball. Add dough to a large mixing bowl lightly greased with one teaspoon melted coconut oil or olive oil. Add dough, cover with plastic wrap, and let rise for 60 minutes in a warm place.
- Prepare filling. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a long rectangle. Use a pastry brush to evenly distribute melted vegan butter. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Starting at one end, carefully roll up the dough smoothly and tightly. Use a serrated knife or unflavored string of floss and cut the dough into ten 1.5-2 inch sections. Place cinnamon rolls into a greased 8x8-inch square or round dish.
- Brush melted vegan butter onto rolls. Cover with loose plastic wrap and let sit an additional 30 minutes to rise. While cinnamon rolls rise, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once oven is warmed, remove plastic wrap from cinnamon rolls. Place in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- While cinnamon rolls bake, prepare vegan cream cheese frosting. Add softened vegan butter, vegan cream cheese, and vanilla extract to a large bowl. Using a hand mixer, beat on high speed until creamed together. Slowly add in powdered sugar until you reach desired consistency and sweetness.
- Frost cinnamon rolls with vegan cream cheese frosting. Eat immediately!