- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium white onion diced
- 3 carrots diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional, for a spicier soup)
- 1 medium yellow squash, chopped
- 1 cup Pacific Foods Organic Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
- 4 cups Pacific Foods Organic Tomato Basil Soup
- 4 oz. acini de pepe or ditalini noodles (or other short pasta noodle)
- 1 can garbanzo beans or white northern beans, drained and rinsed
- Basil pesto drizzle:
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves (packed)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Add the oil to a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots and celery and cook until onion is translucent, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add in the red pepper flakes, squash and zucchini and cook another 5-6 minutes until vegetables have softened a bit.
- Add in the Organic Vegetable Broth Low Sodium and Organic Tomato Basil Soup and reduce heat to medium-low.
- While the vegetables are cooking, bring a small pot of water to a boil.
- Add the ditalini noodles and cook until just al dente according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Add the noodles and beans to the soup and cook another 2-3 minutes. Season to taste, adding salt and freshly ground pepper as needed.
- Ladle into bowls and serve with basil swirl, below.
- Basil Drizzle: Place the basil and olive oil in a food processor or blender and puree until basil is finely minced and bright green.
- Notes: You can use either garbanzo or white northern beans. Garbanzo beans are a bit heartier, but white northern beans are creamier!