- 2 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 lb. beef stew meat cut into bite sized pieces (approx. 1/2" cubes)
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup diced yellow ontion approx. 1 small onion
- 1/2 lb. parsnips peeled, trimmed, quartered and sliced into 1/4" pieces
- 1 lb. mushrooms cleaned, stems removed and cut into 1/4" slices
- 3 large celery stalks trimmed and thinly sliced into 1/8" half moons
- 8 cups Pacific Foods Organic Beef Bone Broth
- 1 handful packed flat leaf parsley plus more for serving
- 1 handful thyme sprigs
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1/2 lb. Gluten Free fusilli pre-cooked and cooled
- Heat a large soup pot over medium heat. Once hot, add avocado oil, cubed beef and 1/2 tsp of salt and 1/4 tsp of black pepper. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, undisturbed. Stir and continue cooking an additional 3 to 4 minutes, until most of the pink is gone.
- Add chopped onion, parsley, mushrooms and remaining 1/2 tsp of salt and 1/4 tsp of black pepper. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables begin to soften.
- Add celery and Pacific Foods Organic Beef Bone Broth. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, add herb ball.
Place lid on pot, immediately reduce to a simmer and continue cooking for 15 minutes.
- While soup is simmering, cook pasta (can also be cooked up to 48 hours in advance) according to directions on box, strain and set aside.
- Test vegetables and make sure that all are soft. Adjust salt and pepper if necessary. Remove herb ball, add cooked pasta and serve hot topped with fresh chopped parsley. ENJOY!