- 1 1/3 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup flaxseed (ground)
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup Pacific Foods Organic Oat Original Plant-Based Beverage
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh diced strawberries
- fresh diced strawberries
- coconut yogurt
- pure maple syrup
- To prepare the batter, whisk together the flours, ground flax seeds, baking powder, and salt.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients and gently stir, using a spatula. Before it is totally combined, add the minced strawberries and fold into the batter. Do not over-mix!
- Let the batter sit for 5-10 minutes. It will thicken considerably.
- Heat your waffle maker to medium or medium-high heat (or use it how you know best! waffle makers vary so much!), spray or brush with an oil of your choice, then cook the waffles according to your waffle maker’s instructions.
- When you’re ready to serve, top with coconut yogurt, maple syrup, and oats.