- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger and curry powder and cook, stirring often until the onion is soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes and cook for 4-5 minutes to cook. Add in the lentils, red tomatoes, salt and broth.
- Cover and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until the sweet potatoes are tender and lentils are mostly broken down, about 25 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut milk and simmer until heated through, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the lime juice and cilantro and serve. Garnish with cilantro