- Peel and dice onion.
Finely chop jalapeno (If you want this MILD, only use half of a small jalapeno with very little of the seeds. For MEDIUM, use half of the jalapeno but include all of the seeds. For SPICY, use the whole jalapeno including the seeds).
- If using canned beans, drain and rinse. Measure 1.5 cups (equal to one standard size can). Measure taco seasoning and gather remaining ingredients.
- Turn on Instant Pot to "Saute". Once hot, add avocado oil and then chopped onion and jalapeno. Saute, stirring frequently, for 5 to 6 minutes, or until fragrant and beginning to turn translucent.
- Add ground chicken. Use a spatula to crumble. Continue cooking while stirring frequently, about 3 to 4 minutes, until most of the pink is gone.
- Add taco seasoning. Saute, stirring constantly, for 30 to 45 seconds until fragrant.
- Turn Instant Pot to "Off". Add beans and diced tomatoes.
- Add broth. Stir to make sure everything is well combined.
- Place lid on and set to "Sealed". Use Soup setting and reduce time to 5 minutes for MANUAL: Normal, High Pressure, 5 Minutes).
- When cooking time is complete, use "Quick Release" to immediately release pressure. Remove lid, serve with your favorite toppings (suggestion list in Ingredients) and Enjoy!
Stove top cooking option:
- Set a large soup pot over medium heat. Follow instructions, keeping pot over medium heat until all ingredients are added (last one is broth).
Bring to a gently boil, cover and immediately reduce heat to a simmer.
Simmer, stirring occasionally for for 20 to 30 minutes.
Serve with your favorite toppings and Enjoy!