- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 ribs celery diced
- 4 carrots diced
- 2 potatoes diced small
- 1 cup green beans trimmed and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. Italian seasonsing more to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 cups Pacific Foods Organic Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme more to taste
- 1 can diced tomatoes 14.4 ounce
- 1 can kidney beans 15.5 ounce
- 8 ounces gluten-free pasta
- 2 cups kale or spinach roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes or more if desired optional
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large dutch oven.
- Add onion, garlic, celery, and carrots and cook until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Toss in the potatoes, and add more oil in this step if needed. Let cook until the potato starts to soften, about 5 minutes. Add green beans, salt, black pepper, bay leaf and Italian seasoning, Mix well.
- Pour in vegetable broth and mix, making sure to scrape up all of the bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add fresh thyme, 1 can of diced tomatoes, and the beans. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until potatoes are just tender.
- While cooking, in a separate pot cook pasta as directed based on the package. Set aside.
- Turn off heat of the soup and add kale or spinach. Mix well until greens have wilted. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. Serve hot, with added pasta as desired, topped with red pepper flakes if using!