- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. Kosher salt
- 20 to 25 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 oz. broccoli florets chopped
- 2 oz. baby spinach chopped
- 2 oz. frozen peas
- 1 cup Pacific Foods Organic Diced Tomatoes
- 4 cups Pacific Foods Organic Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
- 2 cups uncooked rinsed quinoa
- 12 oz. shredded cheese (I used a blend of Monterey Jack and Cheddar)
- In a mesh strainer, rinse quinoa well with cold water and allow to drain while you prep vegetables.
- Peel and dice onion.
- Chop broccoli florets into bite sized pieces. Try to make them as even as you can.
- Finally, chop the spinach and then measure the spices into a small dish.
- Set an oven safe pot over medium heat. Once hot, add olive oil and diced onion along with sauces. Saute for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add chopped broccoli, spinach and peas along with diced tomatoes and broth. Raise heat to bring to a boil.
- As soon as liquid is boiling, immediately add rinsed and drained quinoa. Cover with lid and lower light to simmer. Simmer covered for 15 minutes. Take a minute to preheat the oven to 400F.
- Remove lid and continue to simmer uncovered for an additional with Veggies 3 to 5 minutes, until liquid is absorbed and quinoa is cooked through. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Stir a little over half of the shredded cheese into the quinoa and stir to combine.
- Use the remaining shredded cheese to top the casserole and place in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes (uncovered) until cheese is melted and beginning to bubble.
- Serve hot or allow to cool completely before freezing individual portions. Enjoy!