Mushroom Pasta with Spring Peas in Cream Sauce
- 5 cups Pacific Foods Organic Mushroom Broth
- 1 tsp. olive oil (or sub coconut oil)
- 1 lb. spring peas
- 16 oz. orecchiette pasta
- 1 small bunch kale (destemmed and cut into long strips)
- 3 cups cremini mushrooms (sliced thinly)
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup Pacific Foods Organic Almond Original Plant-Based Beverage
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. flour (or sub gluten-free flour)
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- Bring 5 cups Organic Mushroom Broth to a boil and add pasta; let simmer for 10-15 mins, or according to package directions.
- Over medium heat, add olive oil, kale and mushrooms to a frying pan and let simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- To make the cream sauce, bring a saucepan to medium heat. Once hot, add garlic and olive oil and simmer for 3 minutes. Add flour and Organic Almond Original Non-Dairy Beverage. Lower the heat slightly and whisk constantly until the sauce starts to form a thicker consistency.
- Combine pasta, sauteed veggies, fresh peas, sauce, and lemon juice. Serve with salt and pepper to taste.