Italian Wedding Soup
- 8 ounces ground grass-fed beef
- 8 ounces ground pork
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley,
- 1 tsp. minced fresh oregano
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tbsp. olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 carrots diced
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 4 ribs celery diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups Pacific Foods Organic Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 cup dry acini de pepe or orzo pasta
- 2 cups fresh spinach chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese for serving
- Add beef, pork, bread crumbs, parsley, oregano, parmesan, egg, salt, and pepper to a large mixing bowl. Use your hands to gently break up mixture and distribute ingredients. Shape mixture into small (1-inch) meatballs and transfer to a large baking tray drizzled with avocado oil or olive oil. Place oven rack on highest shelf and turn oven to broil. Broil meatballs for 4-5 minutes, or until browned. Note that the meatballs will not be fully cooked, they’ll continue to cook in the soup.
- Add olive oil to a large pot over medium-high heat. Add carrots, onion, and celery and sauté for 8 minutes, or until softened. Stir in garlic and sauté 2 minutes. Pour in chicken bone broth and bring mixture to a boil.
- Add pasta and meatballs to soup, reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook until pasta is tender and meatballs are cooked through, about 10 minutes. Add spinach and stir until wilted.
- Divide soup into bowls and garnish with parmesan cheese. Enjoy!