- 1 large yellow onion chopped
- 1 pound tomatillos husked and quartered
- 1 bunch cilantro divided
- 2 chopped jalapenos
- 3 cloves peeled garlic
- 1 tbsp. olive or canola oil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 cans chopped green chiles (4 oz. cans)
- 6 cups Pacific Foods Organic Chicken Bone Broth
- 4 ears corn with kernels removed reserve cobs
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken (breasts or thighs) (or 4 cups cooked chicken shredded or diced)
- 1 bunch sliced radishes
- 2 diced avacados
- tortilla chips for serving
- lime slices for serving
- Make sofrito by adding onion, tomatillos, jalapenos garlic and half of cilantro to a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Alternatively chop everything finely by hand.
- In a sauce pan (with a tight fitting lid) heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add sofrito and cook for about 5 minutes. Stir in oregano, chopped green chiles corn cobs and bone broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and add chicken*. (If using pre-cooked chicken, add that after the soup simmers, when you add the corn kernels).
- Cover and cook at a gentle simmer over medium low heat for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cooked through. Remove the chicken from the pot and set aside to cool. Remove cobs.
- Stir the corn kernels into the soup, then once cool, shred the chicken and return that to the pot as well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve topped with the reserved cilantro, radishes, avocados, tortilla chips and greek yogurt.