- 1 slivered red onion
- 2 minced cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless organic chicken cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 stalks celery diced
- 3 carrots chopped in disks and then in half
- 15 oz. can of corn
- 2 cups Pacific Foods Organic Chicken Stock Unsalted
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. dried Italian herb mix
- 1 tsp. parsley
- 2 cups all-purpose flour or sub gluten-free
- 2 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 5 tbsp. unsalted cold butter (or vegan butter)
- 1 cup milk or Pacific Foods Hemp Original Non-Dairy Beverage
- In a deep skillet (ideally cast iron or an oven-safe pot), add onions, garlic and olive oil and simmer for 10 minutes until onions are soft.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, and dried herbs, add chicken to skillet and simmer for 8-10 minutes until cooked.
- Add carrots, celery, corn, and Chicken Stock Unsalted to the skillet. Simmer on medium heat uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients. Add pieces of cold butter and using a pastry cutter, or transfer to a food processor and pulse 5 times until the mixture resembles small pebbles.
- Add milk and combine until a sticky dough forms, don’t overmix.
- Transfer to a lightly floured surface, fold the dough over itself 5 times. Using a pastry cutter or water glass, cut out the dough into disks.
- Place disks of dough on top of the soup and place the skillet into the preheated oven.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the biscuits start to turn golden brown. Serve with fresh parsley.