- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 4 garlic cloves diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 3 medium sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne optional
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup uncooked farro
- 1 15 oz. can black beans
- 4 cups Pacific Foods Organic Chicken Bone Broth
- 1/2 bunch lacinato kale chopped (about 3 cups)
- hot sauce for serving
- 1 avocado sliced, for serving
- Add olive oil to a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic and sauté until translucent, about 6 minutes. Stir in sweet potatoes and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add spices, sea salt, pepper, beans, farro, and bone broth and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes, until sweet potato is tender and farro is completely cooked.
- Stir in chopped kale and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until wilted.
- Divide soup into bowls and garnish with sliced avocado and a drizzle of hot sauce, if desired. Enjoy!