- 2 butternut squash halved and seeds scooped out
- 1 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups Pacific Foods Organic Chicken Bone Broth or Pacific Foods Organic Vegetable Broth
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 1 head kale chopped
- 1/2 cup red cabbage roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 4 leaves fresh sage thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 tbsp. fresh thyme chopped
- 2 tbsp. tahini
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Drizzle cut butternut squash with avocado oil and season with sea salt and pepper. Place squash cut side down on lined baking tray. Bake squash for 30-40 minutes, or until squash are tender. Remove from oven and carefully flip over to let cool slightly.
- While squash are roasting, prepare quinoa. Add broth to a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Stir in quinoa, reduce heat to a simmer, and cover. Cook quinoa for 15 minutes, or until fluffy. Remove from heat and set aside.
- While quinoa cooks, prepare vegetable filling. Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add in chopped onions and saute for 3-5 minutes, or until sweated. Stir in chopped kale and cabbage and saute for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with sea salt, pepper, dried thyme, and fresh sage. Stir to combine.
- To a large bowl add cooked quinoa and sauteed vegetables. Stir well.
- Gently spoon quinoa and vegetable mixture into roasted butternut squash halves.
- Sprinkle squash with pomegranate seeds, fresh thyme, and a drizzle of tahini.
- Serve and enjoy!