- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 meidum yellow onion spiralized
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, washed
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 20 to 25 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 6 cups Pacific Foods Organic Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
- 1 lb. organic zucchini, spiralized
- 1/2 cup vegan pesto, plus more for serving
- toasted pine nuts for serving (optional)
- Grab your spiralizer, use the small noodle blade to quickly spiralize the onion and then the zucchini. Set both aside.
- Heat a large soup pot over medium high heat. Once hot, add olive oil and then onions, tomatoes, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions begin to soften and tomatoes begin to blister.
- Grab a spatula and use it to flatten the tomatoes so they release their juices. Add crushed garlic and cook for 30 to 45 seconds until garlic is fragrant.
- Add Organic Vegetable Broth Low Sodium and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, remove from heat, add 1/4 cup pesto, stir to combine and taste for seasoning. You may need to adjust the salt or pepper.
- Submerge zucchini noodles into broth (they immediately start to cook) and divide out into 4 bowls. Top each with a dollop of vegan pesto and some toasted pine nuts, serve and enjoy!