Cashew Cheese Sauce:
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked overnight
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ½ chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- ½ cup water
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 28 ounce can fire roasted tomatoes drained
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- ½ cup Pacific Foods Organic Vegetable Broth
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 6 cups tortilla chips
- ½ cups cilantro roughly chopped
- 1 cup pinto or black beans warmed
- 1 avocado sliced
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes sliced
- Prepare cashew cheese: add all ingredients to a high speed blender. Blend on high until the mixture is smooth and creamy. If the sauce is too thick, add another 2-3 tablespoons water to thin. Pour cheese sauce into a bowl or jar and set aside.
- Prepare chilaquile sauce: Add avocado oil to a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and saute for 5-7 minutes, or until onions are translucent. Transfer sauteed garlics and onions to a high-speed blender and add the remainder of chilaquile sauce ingredients (fire roasted tomatoes, tomato paste, cumin, chili powder, organic vegetable broth, sea salt and black pepper). Blend on high until smooth.
- Transfer sauce to saucepan and bring to a low boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until slightly thickened and warmed.
- To assemble a serving: add 1-2 cups tortilla chips to warmed chilaquile sauce and carefully toss with a spoon. Transfer chips to a serving dish and garnish with cilantro, beans, cherry tomatoes, avocado, and cashew cheese sauce. Serve immediately and enjoy!