- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2/3 cup chopped yellow onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp. ground turmeric dry
- 4 pounds russet potatoes chopped
- 4 cups Pacific Foods Organic Beef Broth
- salt & pepper
- 1 pound spicy sausage for garnish
- 1 cup microgreens for garnish
- Heat a large soup pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil, then the onion.
- Cook, stirring, until the onion begins to soften.
- Add the garlic gloves (I leave mine whole, since I’ll be cooking them for a while, and then blending) and turmeric. Stir and scrape the bottom of the pan for 30 seconds to cook the turmeric.
- Add the chopped potatoes and stir to cover in turmeric, then add the broth and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to a simmer and let cook until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- While the soup is simmering, cook your sausage. Set aside when done.
- When your potatoes are tender, add a 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, then blend the soup until smooth. Taste, and season with more salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve topped with sausage and microgreens, and perhaps alongside some fresh baked bread.