- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 fennel bulb stems discarded and chopped
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 26 oz. Organic Crushed Tomatoes approximately
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 5 cups Pacific Foods Organic Vegetable Broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 pound clams scrubbed
- 1 pound mussels scrubbed
- 1 pound assorted firm-fish fillets wild salmon or halibut, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped (to garnish)
- Heat olive oil in large stockpot over medium heat. Add fennel, onion, and garlic cloves and saute until onion is translucent, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add red pepper flakes, black pepper, organic crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, dry white wine, organic vegetable broth, and bay leaves. Cover pot and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 minute to let flavors infuse.
- Add clams and mussels to pot. Cover pot and cook for 5 minutes, or until clams and mussels begin to open.
- Add shrimp and fish, cover, and cook another 5 minutes, or until fish and shrimp are cooked through and clams and mussels are fully open.
- Add soup to bowls and garnish with fresh parsley. Enjoy!