- Add the oil to a large, heavy-bottomed pot and bring it up to medium heat. Add flour and whisk constantly to avoid burning. Cook, stirring constantly until the mixture becomes a caramel color, about 10-12 minutes.
- Add onion, garlic, sausage, peppers and celery to the pot. Cook until tender, about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid sticking.
- Add cayenne pepper, Cajun seasoning, Organic Low Sodium Chicken Broth and Organic Diced Tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Add gumbo filé and shrimp, and continue to simmer for 10-15 minutes until shrimp is cooked and gumbo thickens.
- Serve over rice topped with green onions.