- 1 carton Pacific Foods Organic Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Soup
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 white onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8 ounces tomato paste
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 pound dried small pasta orcecchiette or macaroni
- 1 pound italian meatballs
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Add olive oil to a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in white onion and garlic. Saute for 5-7 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Pour roasted red pepper & tomato soup into saucepan. Stir in tomato paste and dried oregano until well combined. Bring mixture to a gentle boil, reduce heat, and let simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- While sauce cooks, prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Drain pasta and add to a large bowl. Stir in sauce and meatballs until well combined. You may not need to use all of the sauce.
- Garnish pasta with fresh basil and parmesan cheese.