- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 lb boneless chuck roast cut into 4 pieces
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- tsp ½black pepper
- 1 cup Pacific Foods Organic Low Sodium Beef Broth
- 1 cup canned tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- Corn or flour tortillas for garnish
- shredded iceberg or romaine lettuce for garnish
- pico de gallo for garnish
- shredded cheddar cheese for garnish
- chopped cilantro for garnish
- lime wedges for garnish
- Sprinkle beef all over with salt and pepper. In a 6 or 8-quart Instant Pot heat oil using the sauté setting then brown pieces on all sides. Alternatively, in a large skillet brown beef over medium high heat. Place beef on a plate.
- Add Pacific Foods Organic Low Sodium Beef Broth, tomato sauce, and chili powder to Instant Pot, then place beef back in. Place lid on pressure cooker, and seal. Make sure steam valve is set on “sealing.”
- Cook using manual setting (high pressure) for 1 hour. Let pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, then use tongs to open steam valve and release pressure completely.
- Use 2 large forks to shred beef and toss with sauce to coat.
- Serve shredded beef with tortillas, lettuce, pico de gallo, cheese, cilantro, and lime wedges.