- Peel potatoes and cut into evenly sized cubes (about 2" x 2" each). Place in a pot, add 1 T kosher salt and cover with cold water by at least 2".
- Bring to a boil, cover, immediately reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 18 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. (Begin cooking meat and vegetable mixture below while potatoes are boiling).
- Immediately drain potatoes and use a large fork or potato masher to mash with 4T butter, 2T non-dairy milk, salt and white pepper. Set aside.
Meat & Vegetable Mixture
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Heat a large (12") cast iron skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add 2T butter and chopped onion and carrot along with a pinch of kosher salt and black pepper. Sauté for 8 to 10 minutes until vegetables have softened and onions are beginning to be translucent.
- Add ground beef, kosher salt, black pepper and fresh thyme leaves. Sauté for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until most of pink is gone.
- Add Pacific Foods Organic Beef Bone Broth and gluten free Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer and add frozen peas. Simmer for 12 to 15 minutes or until most of the liquid has cooked off (you want a very thin layer left - maybe 1/2").
- Add mashed potatoes to the top of meat mixture using a spatula to smooth out. Use a fork to add some peaks OR if you are feeling adventurous or have more time, use a piping bag to pipe the potatoes on top. Using spatulas, carefully place skillet (uncovered) on center rack of oven. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until top has browned.
- Turn oven to broil and broil for last 5 minutes for an extra brown and crispy crust. Enjoy!!