- 4 1/2 cups Pacific Foods Organic Vegetable Broth
- 1 tsp saffron
- 4 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 pound medium shrimp peeled and devined
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 white onion finely chopped
- 2 red bell peppers sliced into long strips
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups Paella rice or long grain white rice
- 1 carton Pacific Foods Organic Diced Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup fresh parsley roughly chopped
- Combine vegetable broth and saffron in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer. Keep broth warm, but do not boil.
- While broth warms, add two tablespoons of olive oil to a large skillet or paella pan over medium heat. Add shrimp, sea salt, and black pepper, and cook 5-6 minutes per side, or until lightly browned and cooked through. Remove shrimp from skillet and set aside.
- Heat the remaining two tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat in the same large skillet or paella pan. Add onion, garlic, and red bell peppers. Cook for five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in rice and cook for two minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in saffron and broth mixture, tomatoes, lemon juice, and paprika. Season with sea salt and black pepper and mix to combine.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and bring paella to a simmer. Cook paella for 10-15 minutes, or until rice has absorbed most of the broth.
- Add shrimp and frozen peas to paella. Reduce heat to low, cover paella pan with foil or a lid, and cook for 5-10 minutes, or until peas are crisp and rice is fully cooked.
- Remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy!