- 4 strips bacon chopped to thin strips
- 1/2 cup choppped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tbsp. fresh oregano
- 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 4 cups Pacific Foods Organic Chicken Stock
- 2 cups cooked white beans
- 3 cups chopped chard or kale
- parmesan for topping
- In a large soup pot over medium heat, cook the bacon pieces until they’re crispy. Use a slotted spoon to remove the bacon, leaving the grease in the pot.
- Add the onion, celery, and carrot, and use a wooden spoon to scrape any remaining bacon from the bottom of the pot.
- Cook for 3 minutes, then add the oregano, rosemary, and garlic. Cook for another minute before adding the Pacific Foods Organic Chicken Stock. Bring to a simmer, and add the beans.
- Let the mixture simmer for 10 minutes, then add the chard or kale. Remove from heat and stir the greens in until they’re fully wilted.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve topped with shavings of Parmesan.