- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- 6 tbsp. sugar divided
- 1 3/4 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/2 tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp. Pacific Foods Organic Oat Plant-Based Beverage
- 1 can coconut milk chilled overnight
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Place measured coconut oil in the refrigerator to harden.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine sliced strawberries and 3 tablespoons of sugar in a small bowl. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Add flour, baking powder, 3 tablespoons sugar, and sea salt to a large bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Add firm coconut oil to dry mixture and use your hands to incorporate, breaking down the coconut oil into small chunks.
- Add ¾ cup oat plant-based beverage to the dry mixture and use hands to form a dough. If the mixture is too dry, add in another 1-2 tablespoons of oat plant-based beverage.
- Once the dough begins to form, transfer to a well-floured surface. Roll the dough out to a thickness of 1 ½-inch. Use a round cookie cutter or glass to cut dough into 2-inch rounds. Reform dough and roll out as necessary, repeating until all dough is used up.
- Add shortcake rounds to line baking tray. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until shortcakes are golden. Remove from oven.
- While shortcakes bake, prepare coconut whipped cream. Carefully open chilled can of coconut milk and scoop out hardened coconut cream into a large bowl. Add maple syrup and vanilla extract. Use a hand-mixer to whip coconut milk until it resembles thick cream. Let sit in the refrigerator before serving.
- Prepare shortcakes: cut biscuits in half and add strawberries and coconut whipped cream. Enjoy!