- Cauliflower and Quinoa
- 1 head sliced cauliflower stem trimmed, leaves removed, 1/2 inch slices
- 2 1/2 cups Pacific Foods Organic Unsweetened Coconut Original Plant-Based Beverage
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 juiced and zested lime
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- olive oil as needed
- 1 cup quinoa rinsed
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric (optional)
- Tahini Sauce
- 2 tbsp. tahini paste
- 1 juiced lime
- salt to taste
- Pacific Foods Organic Unsweetened Coconut Plant-Based Beverage reserved from cauliflower
- 8 gluten-free corn tortillas
- 1 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 carrot shaved into ribbons
- 2 cups fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 cut lime for garnish
- hot sauce (optional) to taste
- Add the cauliflower to a large bowl and cover with the Pacific Foods Organic Unsweetened Coconut Beverage. Stir in the salt, lime juice, lime zest, chili powder, cumin and garlic powder. Cover and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 450˚Fahrenheit. When cauliflower has marinated for 30 minutes, drain the liquid and reserve. Drizzle a baking sheet with olive oil and add the cauliflower. Roast for about 40 minutes, flipping halfway through, until golden brown and tender.
- Meanwhile, measure 2 cups of the leftover brine and add to a small saucepan. Add turmeric (if using). Bring to a boil, then add quinoa and reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for about 15 minutes, or until the quinoa is fluffy and all the liquid has been absorbed. Let quinoa sit for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
- While the quinoa is cooking, make the tahini drizzle. Add the tahini and lime juice to the remaining reserved brine and whisk until smooth.
- When ready to serve, reheat the corn tortillas in a dry skillet, or directly over a gas burner until warm and pliable.
- Add a scoop of quinoa to each tortilla and top with cabbage, carrots, cilantro and cauliflower. Drizzle with tahini sauce, fresh lime and hot sauce (if using).