- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 white or yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp. cumin powder
- 1 tbsp. coriander powder
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 11/2 cups long grain basmati rice rinsed until water runs clear
- 1/2 cup Pacific Foods Coconut Unsweetened Plant-Based Beverage
- 11/2 cups Pacific Foods Organic Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed, 14.5-oz
- 2 medium sweet potatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup peas fresh or frozen
- 1 cup of chopped string beans cut into 1 inch pieces
- Cilantro chopped for garnish
- lime wedges for garnish
- Sliced almonds for garnish optional
- Preheat the oven to 375˚ F. Heat oil in a 5.5 qt dutch oven over medium heat. Add chopped onions and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes. Add cumin, coriander, curry powder, turmeric, paprika and cook for 2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add the rice and cook for 3 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Add coconut beverage, bring to a simmer, cover and par cook rice for 6 minutes.
- Remove lid and add Pacific Foods Organic Chicken Bone Broth, salt, chickpeas, sweet potatoes, peas, and string beans. Mix well to combine, cover and bake for 40 minutes.
- Once cooked, fluff the rice with a fork. Garnish with fresh cilantro, lime wedges and sliced almonds. Serve hot.