Vegan Spring Roll Recipe with Ginger Curry Dipping Sauce
Ginger Curry Dipping Sauce (2 cups)
- 6-8 oz. Pacific Foods Organic Cashew Carrot Ginger Soup
- 3/4 cup soaked raw cashews drained
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- splash of lime juice
- 3-4 tsp. curry powder
- 3 tsp. grated fresh ginger root
- 1 Thai pepper or jalapeno pepper sliced and deseeded if you prefer less spicy
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pinch kosher salt
Spring Roll Wraps
- 16 sheets rice paper wrappers
- 1 carrots julienned
- 1 cucumber julienned
- 1 zucchini julienned
- 1 radish julienned
- bunch sprouts
- 1/2 cabbage julienned
- 1-2 green onions, green portion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped chilantro
- optional rice or vermicelli noodles or mung bean threads
- First prepare you sauce. Place soup, soaked cashews, cilantro, ginger, curry powder, Thai pepper, and spices in a blender or food processor. Blend until creamy thick sauce is made. If you want to thin out your sauce, add more soup or olive oil, blend again. Taste to see if the spice is to your liking. Adjust spice/salt as needed. Pour 1 cup of the curry sauce into dipping bowl and keep the rest in a sealed jar, to use for other tasty recipes!
- Next, prepare your spring rolls/rice paper rolls.
- Fill a large bowl or deep plate with warm water. Wide enough to place the rice paper sheets in. Submerge the 2 rice papers into the water (at the same time) for 8-10 seconds to soften. 2 rice paper sheets hold better when filling, so it’s best to start off with 2 versus one.
- Place softened rice paper sheets on cutting board or clean counter.
- Place sliced vegetables in the center, then add your sprouts/onion, herbs on top. If using vermicelli noodles or mung bean noodles place those inside a lettuce leaf then set next to the thinly sliced vegetables
- Fold the left and right edges of the rice paper, then starting rolling up the sheet from the bottom. Keep rolling firmly all the way up until the end of the rice paper The rice will seal itself.
- Place on serving tray and serve immediately with dipping sauce, or store in airtight container in fridge for later. Tip – If you separate each spring roll with portion of wax paper, they should not stick together when storing