Gluten-Free Strawberry Pastry Tarts
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 2/3 cup cold vegan butter cut into pieces
- 4-8 tbsp. Pacific Foods Organic Unsweetened Coconut Original Plant-Based Beverage cold
- 1 tbsp. vegan butter melted
- 1 cup fresh strawberries sliced
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 4 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. reserved sauteed strawberries
- 2-3 tbsp. Pacific Foods Organic Unsweetened Coconut Original Plant-Based Beverage
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp. vegan sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare strawberry compote: place sliced strawberries, lemon juice, and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 10-15 minutes, or until strawberries begin to break down. Transfer to a bowl to cool while you prepare the dough.
- Prepare the dough: mix together flour and salt in a large bowl. Add cubed vegan butter and cut with a fork or pastry cutter to mix. Drizzle cold Coconut Plant-Based Beverage into dough and use your hands to shape mixture into a small ball of dough. If the mixture is too dry, add in another splash of Coconut Plant-Based Beverage. Add more flour to mixture if dough gets too wet.
- Transfer dough to floured surface. Use a rolling pin to roll dough out to a large rectangle.
- Cut dough into 12 equal squares. Transfer 6 squares to the baking tray. Place one tablespoon strawberry filling in the middle of each square. Top with the remaining 6 squares and use a fork to lightly seal edges together. Poke a few holes in the top of each pastry tart and brush melted vegan butter on top of each.
- Bake pastry tarts for 23-27 minutes, or until lightly golden. Remove from oven and let cool completely before adding glaze.
- Prepare strawberry glaze: whisk together, one tablespoon reserved cooked strawberries, coconut plant-based beverage, and powdered sugar to form a thick glaze. If the mixture is too watery, add in another tablespoon or two of powdered sugar. Drizzle on cooled pastry tart and top with sprinkles.