- Preheat oven to 375° F. Remove ends of butternut squash and cut lengthwise, place squash pieces cut side down on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 35-40 minutes until a fork easily pierces the squash.
- While squash is cooking, heat coconut oil in a deep pot, add garlic and cumin and simmer for 2 minutes. Add Organic Original Unsweetened Non-Dairy Beverage, Organic Vegetable Broth and nutritional yeast to thicken. (You can find nutritional yeast in most bulk food aisles, however if you don’t have it on hand, substitute all-purpose flour to thicken the sauce.) Add lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Scoop out squash from the skin, and in a large mixing bowl combine squash with the thickened broth mixture. Puree using an immersion blender (or you can use a regular blender or food processor).
- Make pasta according to package directions, drain, transfer to a large baking dish, and pour squash puree over pasta.
- Sprinkle with sunflower seeds, crushed red pepper and salt and pepper to taste. Bake at 350° F for 20 minutes.