- 2 lb. vine ripened tomatoes seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 cup Pacific Foods Organic Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 lb. English cucumber peeled, seeds removed and roughly chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper quartered, seeds and ribs removed
- 1 small jalapeno pepper stem stem removed, seeds removed from half
- 1 small red onion (about 1/4 pound) peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 small handful cilantro leaves
- 1 tsp. finely ground sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 large lime juiced
- 2 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Toppings (optional):
- cucumber diced
- red onion, diced
- fresh cilantro leaves,
- grilled shrimp
- Begin by washing all of the produce well. Add peeled and quartered onion and pulse until chopped. (Alternately, chop by hand).
- Prepare tomatoes by cutting into quarters and gently squeezing out seeds into sink to remove.
- Peel cucumbers, remove seeds and roughly chop.
- Remove stem from bell pepper, quarter and remove seesd and white ribs. Remove stem from jalapeno and carefully discard of the seeds from one 1/2, leaving the seeds in the other half (unless you want the gazpacho MILD), then remove all seeds.
- Peel onion and quarter or roughly chop.
- Grab a small handful of cilantro and remove any large stems so you are left with mostly leaves.
- Add quartered tomatoes to jar of high powered blender along with lime juice and Pacific Foods Organic Bone Broth Chicken Original and process until completely smooth.
- Remove half of the tomato mixture to a bowl or large container. Add cucumber, onion, red bell pepper, jalapeno, cilantro, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper. Process until completely smooth and add olive oil. Process until oil is well incorporated.
- Add to reserved processed tomatoes and mix until combined. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary. The flavors intensify as it sits in the fridge. Also, if your blender is large enough, you do not have to remove half of the tomatoes.
- Serve chilled and topped with your favorite toppings (sliced avocado, cilantro leaves, diced cucumber, diced red onion, drizzle of olive oil, grilled shrimp) and Enjoy!