- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter and add the shallots. Cook, stirring, until the shallots are very soft and some of them beginning to brown.
- Melt in the remaining butter, then add the flour while whisking to make a roux. Continue to cook and whisk for 3-4 minutes, taking care to not burn the roux.
- Have your Organic Turkey Broth ready to go (warm), and slowly pour into the roux while continuing to whisk.
- Continue cooking until thickened (just a few minutes, or until it comes back to a barely-simmer).
- Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper to taste (I did about 1/2 teaspoon of each).