Sheet Pan Fajitas with Vegan Queso Sauce
- 2 red bell peppers thinly sliced
- 2 green bell peppers thinly sliced
- 1 yellow or white onion thinly sliced
- 4 portobello mushroom caps cleaned, stem removed and sliced into thick
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fajita seasoning
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup Pacific Foods Organic Oat Original Plant-Based Beverage
- 1 4 ounce can diced green chiles
- 1/4 tsp sea salt plus more to taste
- 8 warmed tortillas for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add the peppers, onions and mushrooms in a large bowl along with the oil and fajita seasoning. Toss well to combine, trying to coat the vegetables with all of the spices.
- Place vegetables in a single layer on a baking sheet (may need two depending on size) and place in the oven. Roast for 25-30 minutes, or until tender, stirring at least once making sure the vegetables don’t burn.
- While the vegetables are cooking, make the sauce. Place the cashews, oat beverage, green chiles and salt into a blender and puree until very creamy and smooth. Depending on the power of your blender, this may take up to 5 minutes. Taste, adding more salt if needed. The consistency of the sauce should be a thickened cheese sauce; if too thick, add more oat beverage.
- Divide vegetables among warmed tortillas and top with queso sauce!