- 2 16 oz containers organic pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 tbsp. coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (or sub coconut sugar)
- 2 1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice mix
- 1/2 cup Pacific Foods Coconut Unsweetened Plant-Based Beverage
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/3 tsp. salt
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup coconut oil at room temperature
- 5 to 8 tbsp. ice cold water
- Optional Topping:
- dairy-free whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Whisk together all filling ingredients until thoroughly combined, set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine coconut oil, flour and salt. With a pastry cutter or two knives, cut into the mixture until it resembles small pebbles. Note: coconut oil shouldn’t be at all melted, rather scoopable and room temperature.
- Add in ice cold water, one tablespoon at a time, stirring in between until crust comes together; don’t add more water than needed to create a dough ball.
- With a rolling pin, roll crust out carefully. Cut dough into 16-18 round disks using a jar or glass with a 1-inch top. Roll out disks again until large enough to fit inside muffin tins.
- Place pastry disks into each muffin tin, then spoon pumpkin filling into each one.
- Bake for 30 - 45 minutes, until crust begins to brown and filling hardens. Let cool for at least 20 minutes before serving.