Lemon Blueberry Baked French Toast
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1 loaf challah bread torn into 2 inch cubes (or another type of dairy-free soft bread or rolls)
- 1 1/2 cups Pacific Foods Organic Almond Original Plant-Based Beverage
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. lemon zest,
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1.4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- add powdered sugar (optional)
- Grease a nonstick 9-inch baking dish with coconut oil. Place a single layer of bread pieces into the dish, then add a layer of blueberries and repeat until baking dish is full.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk eggs, Organic Almond Original Non-Dairy Beverage, vanilla, cinnamon, maple syrup, lemon zest, and lemon juice together until combined.
- Carefully pour egg mixture over the bread pieces, cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or overnight.
- Make topping by combining brown sugar, cinnamon and flour. Add coconut oil and, using your hands, work the mixture until it resembles small pebbles.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove from fridge and add sugar crumble topping to your dish. Bake for 40-50 minutes until golden brown. Serve warm with powdered sugar.