- Slice the challah 12+ hours before you begin this recipe, OR run each piece through the toaster briefly so it’s slightly dried but not browned. Arrange in a single layer on a large baking sheet, and set aside.
- Whisk together the brown sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon, and salt until no chunks remain.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, Pacific Foods Organic Oat Non-Dairy Beverage, and vanilla until smooth.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, again whisking until smooth and combined. Pour this mixture over your prepared slices of bread. Let the bread soak for 1-2 hours (or longer), ideally periodically flipping the pieces so they can soak in the liquid from both sides.
- When the bread is thoroughly soaked, layer it upright in a baking dish (I used a 9″ pie pan). Sprinkle the chocolate and hazelnuts between pieces as you arrange them. Pour any remaining liquid over the top.
- Loosely tent with foil, and bake at 350F for 45 minutes, or until you can see the remaining liquid has set up and is not jiggling.
- Serve hot, dusted with sugar (optional) and maple syrup.