- 2 cups + 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
- 3 tbsp cane sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 tbsp coconut oil room temperature
- 3/4 cup Pacific Foods Organic Oat Vanilla Non-Dairy Beverage
- 2 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Place oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or lightly spray) and set aside.
- Toss together the chopped strawberries and flour, and set aside.
- Place the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in the base of a food processor and pulse together until combined, about 2-3 times. Add the coconut oil in pinches, then pulse until mixture looks like course cornmeal, about 10-12 times.
- Place the flour mixture in the base of a large bowl and add the flour coated strawberries. Stir in the oat milk and 1 teaspoon lemon zest until a dough begins to form, about 30 seconds.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured counter and form into a ball. Slice into 8 sections (1/2, then 1/2, then 1/2) and place onto the baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until golden brown. Let cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Whisk together the remaining teaspoon lemon zest, juice and powdered sugar together until creamy, adding more sugar/lemon juice as needed, then drizzle on the scones and let harden, about 5 minutes. Eat!