- 1 tbsp. flaxseed (ground) plus 3 tbsp. water
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. fine sea salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2/3 cup. coconut sugar
- 10 oz. Organic Steel-Cut Oatmeal Unsweetened
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup Pacific Foods Organic Almond Original Plant-Based Beverage
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, plus more for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- Place flax and water in a small bowl. Stir and set aside to "gel."
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a medium bowl, combine coconut sugar, cooked oatmeal, pumpkin, coconut oil, Organic Almond Non-Dairy Beverage, vanilla, and flax mixture. Stir wet into dry just until combined, being careful not to overmix.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter evenly into muffin tin.
- Bake for 28-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes in tin and then carefully transfer muffins to a cooling rack to cool completely.