- 2 leeks (sliced into 1/4 inch disks)
- 2 cups Pacific Foods Organic Mushroom Broth
- 1 cup french lentils or green lentils
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 5 cups fresh spinach
- 4 cups mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme
- 1 loaf crusty Italian bread
- Bring Organic Mushroom Broth to boil, add lentils, reduce the heat slightly and let simmer for 20-30 minutes until soft, add more broth as needed.
- Over medium heat in a frying pan, saute leeks in coconut oil for 10-15 mins stirring frequently to ensure that they do not burn, add more oil if needed. Next add mushrooms, cooked lentils, and balsamic vinegar.
- Saute for an additional 3 minutes, add spinach and remove from heat. Add fresh thyme.
- Serve over toast.